Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Don't stop till you get enough


Today my irritability came to an end. Which happened because basically today was one of those days when everything just went wrong. Like it's really hot, I was sweating really hard, my skin is terrible, I couldn't get enough done at work and then this student who was just SO SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW came and needed me to run around and do things and it was so difficult because he talked slow, couldn't keep up with how fast I was walking and just everything - and I just kept getting more and more angry until a light basically went off in my head.

I was like, ok, this guy has been sent to me for a reason to basically let me know that hey, the more irritated you get the more things are going to mess up for you. The more the universe is going to make your life harder. So you just need to chill.

And then it was like I just stopped being a jackass and breathed in deep and I've been fine ever since. Which is fabulous.

So then when I came home this evening I told my mom about my epiphany and how fantastic it all was. She loved me story, praised me for what a clever girl I am. I then told her the story again. And again. At which point it was no longer as interesting and she was also no longer as impressed.

Which brings me to another realization that I'm just one of those people who doesn't understand that sometimes saying less is saying more. And if I get a laugh from a joke, I'll say it twice more just to see if it'll get more laughs. Which it never does because at that point, it's old. But do I get that? Nope. I mean it's been 24 years and I'm still that person that repeats stories, over and over and over. I should have learnt not to do that by now.

But I haven't. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment