Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dini's Day Off

I was supposed to work today, which is a Sunday btw, but instead I got to go home early because basically things were kind of slow which was AWESOME because I was resigned to spending like 10 hours at work being bored out of my mind but instead I went to Subang Parade with my Mom and bought awesome stuff. We were supposed to go get my mother some Kanebo lipstick but she hated all of their lipsticks and everything else that was actually kind of expensive. Anyway I wanted to check out Bobbi Brown's new Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15 but they weren't in stock! I was kind of bothered but instead I just bought the following things:

1. My May copy of Instyle

First of all, ScarJo looks smokin' hot on the cover, I don't even care that I slightly hate her. Loved her in The Island, but that's about it. Also, it's Instyle's Best Beauty Buy issue which comes at the perfect time considering I'm just about losing my mind over my obsession with make-up and since I'm also compiling this crazy Beauty Want/Need list. Turns out one of their Best Buy for Inexpensive Lipstick was the one I just so happened to pick up...

2. L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Pashmina

So I couldn't find a damn picture of the actual color I bought on the internet since they don't seem to make Pashmina for the US or the UK so I took this crappy picture of my lipstick. Anyway its good practice for my promised make-up reviews. Anyway a search for the perfect lipcolor, whether a lipstick or lipgloss, has been consuming me because I can't seem to find anything that's right. It's either too coral, too pink, too red or too brown. Most of the time I just prefer my lips with just Vaseline on in it because I think I have pretty colored lips. This lipstick is perfect because its basically my lip color but a little darker. Also its not too dark so I don't feel like it's too overwhelming or old woman. I still think a bronze/brown/red/pink lipcolor would look good on me but for now this will do.

3. I bought Glee: The Music, Volume 2

I already had Glee: The Music, Volume 1

It's pretty good, I definitely think that the First Volume is superior to the Second but hey, it's Glee! I have to support this show so I had to buy it. So far my favorite songs on it are Imagine That which is sung by the entire cast and Don't Rain of My Parade which is belted out by the incredible Lea Michele.

4. I bought my mum some lipliner from The Body Shop. So I guess that's going to be her present :)

4. Then my mom and I got smoothies from Boost Juice. They were very good

That's about it. I am working on my mega list of beauty wants but I have changes to make since reading Instyle's Best Beauty Buys and I also think that I should maybe not do too many about brushes since they're not all that exciting. I mean they're exciting but they're not shimmer eyeshadow exciting, you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment