Friday, May 7, 2010

Make-up I WANT. Scratch that - NEED

Over the past couple of months I have found myself becoming increasingly OBSESSED with make-up. It all started that one time I spent about RM700 on make-up. It reminded me of two things, 1. That I was once really amazing at doing my make-up (13 years old and piling the layers on) and 2. I am actually a raging shopaholic. Inside. And then that time I was unleashed without my parents in Montreal. All four years in Montreal. Anyway the point is that I discovered or should I say re-discovered my love for make-up and I basically can't get enough.

I voraciously browse through beauty blogs everyday, my favorites being Temptalia, Karen's Makeup and Beauty Blog and The Beauty Look Book. For a more local flavor I look to the Malaysian My Women Stuff or the Singaporean The Rouge Deluxe. All of this browsing has led to me being a serious coveter of make-up.

Now with my measly salary of I can't say, I can barely afford drugstore make-up. But since I've become this make-up fiend I've become a bit of a make-up snob. Which means I can't actually afford or buy anything that I want. So instead what I do is every time I see something I want I write in down in this little notebook I have. A little sad, I know, but the list has become this magnificent thing which I NEED to share. So here goes, I'm guessing it's going to take me a lot of editing and saving before I publish this bad boy.

1. MAC 239 Eye shader

I have really shit brushes. Like fake hair, cheapo brushes. So I know that I basically have to invest in some good stuff. Who makes the best stuff? Judging by the hype, MAC and Shu Uemura. More reviews for MAC are out though, and since I love wearing eyeshadow more than anything else, this brush looks like it would be perfect for all my needs.

2. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

What basically every beauty junkie refers to as the holy grail of eyelash curlers. One time when I was in the 7th grade I curled my eye lashes everyday upon discovering what a huge difference it made. This baby was made for me.

3. MAC Nymphette Lipglass

According to the Makeup and Beauty Blog and Temptalia, this is THE neutral lipgloss to have on hand. It's got a pink base and gold sparkles and its supposed to be super flattering on just about everyone. Since I'm on the hunt for the best basics, this seems to fit the bill. Though I'm not too keen on how sticky this MAC gloss is likely to be, it's probably going to be worth the mild discomfort.

4. Bobbi Brown Blush Brush

It seems to be universal, this blush brush is the one to get. New York City Pretty has it on her wishlist, Allure named it as one of the Best Beauty Buys of 2009. It just seems so sturdy and reliable. I wear a lot of blush. I WANT IT.

5. Dior Addict Ultra Gloss

I mean this is basically the gloss to have. Like how Gisele Bundchen is the ubermodel of our time, this would be the ubergloss. It's sparkly, it's crazy shiny and it's crazy expensive. And its evocatively and heartwrenchingly Dior. I haven't yet figured out what color to get but I'm sure whatever it is it will be good.

6. Shu Uemura Gem Glam Pressed Eyeshadow in G Silver
Lately, since I've ACTUALLY been wearing make-up pretty much everyday I've rediscovered how much I love silver on me. Especially as a highlighter under a white frosty pencil under my eyebrows. Basically it gives me this nice base shiny area above my eyes. Right now I'm using a GWP shadow I got from Lancome. It's adequate but its definitely nothing special. What I really want is a lovely shimmery soft silver from Shu Uemura...

7. OPI Nail Polish in Do You Lilac It?

Another thing I've been jone-sing about for ages. A bloody light purple nail polish. I just know that it would look FAMAZING on me. I mean Fantastic and Amazing - thank you. I'm very much about the whole neutral look when it comes to my nails but sometimes it's a little too little so I figure this would be the right not exactly neutral, neutral for me.

8. Bobbi Brown Treatment Lip Shine in SPF 15

The minute I saw sneak peeks of this collection on the multitude of beauty blogs I read I knew that I had to have it. I have no idea what color I want but I know that I must have it. It's neat, it's classy, it has SPF, it's just perfect. It's the embodiment of everything I want to be. In a lipstick. You get the idea.

9. Shu Uemura Natural Brush 20

So I know the website says it's a "cheek brush" or whatever, but Instyle tells me that it's a killer Powder Brush and since I take Instyle pretty seriously that is what it's going to be for me. This is something I'm going to save up for and then when I get it just rub it all over my face. Again and again.

10. Dior Quint in Crush Glow

Dior quints are supposed to be the best in the business. I mean the best quality , most pigmented, most varied shades, most blendable and just the most luscious shadows, period. This particular quint actually started my intense fixation with making these lists and make-up as a whole. When I first saw the promo pick on the Makeup and Beauty Blog I just knew that not only did I have to have it - I was actually going to dish out money and buy the sucker. Which I am. Tomorrow. I've even made 3 crazy stalker calls to my local Dior counter to make sure that it will be in tomorrow.

Until my next Top 10 Make-Up Needs List!

No comments:

Post a Comment