Thursday, March 25, 2010

Itchin' the night away...

So. I have the chickenpox. Like actually, actually. It is ridiculous because firstly, I never actually thought I could get it since I dodged the bullet once when I roomed with Vicky on a trip to Greece and Turkey and she got chicken pox immediately after and I was fine. Mostly because I had had the chicken pox vaccine when I was around 11. Turns out that damn vaccine is temporary. So here I am 23, with chickenpox. So far its on my back and chest. Hopefully it will stay confined there, I'm guessing any new pocks are going to be cropping up in these next few days.

My doctor told me that it was like a compulsory holiday. Which would be fine if I was not confined to my room and compulsively washing my hands every few minutes. Which I am. I'm guessing I'm going to be out of commission for about two weeks which is what my doctor predicts. I'm not actually that sick, I'm mostly just nauseous and have a mild fever. Man. I guess it could be worse. Nothing that major is going on at work and I guess I needed a holiday so I should be happy I guess.

I've decided that I need a bit of a plan for the next couple of days to keep myself from gouging my eyes out so here it is:

To do list:
Watch An Education
Watch The September Issue
Watch Broken Embraces
Watch Brothers
Start doing some scrapbooking
Clean obscenely messy room
Figure out a good, new filing system for documents
Don't scratch pox
Find a new series to watch - just got done with Secret Diary of a Call Girl Season 3
E-mail people
Do my budget
Figure out what summer make-up will be worth treating myself with
Blog daily

Since I'm basically forced to stay in my room with no entertainment other than that of the internet and my laptop I might as well blog. About stuff. Like maybe what I'm up to for the day. Or ooh, maybe I could do a daily recap like, "Chickenpox Quarantine: Day 1". K good idea. I am a genius! Well not really it took me about 3 days to figure out that I had the chickenpox even though my colleague sitting behind me has been home sick with it for two weeks. Good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment