Monday, March 29, 2010

Chickenpox Quarantine: Day 5

Man, so I saw the doctor today, she told me to stay home for another FIVE days. Basically the whole week. It's tragic. And yet not. Because I can actually get some stuff done. I was initially dreading it because things have been a bit chaotic in a bad way at home but today was better so I'm thinking that it might be good.

So since I've been banished from the dinner table early today (presumably so I don't give everyone THE POX), I am here doing my daily blogging a little early. I figure its a good idea since I think I'm going to turn in early today. Since I did wake up at 6:30am to see my doctor.

Ok so what have I been up to today:

1. Went to the doctah lady - as I said.

2. Read Ann Brashares Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, the first book to be exact. I remember the first time I read these books I was staying in Katie's house for her annual Thanksgiving inviting that she did. I would be in the basement and read it before going to bed. Man, those were good times. That reminds me, I have to send a card to her mum. Anyway, it had the same effect today as it always does. I got teary eyed and very emo. Good books, I think I'll go through the whole series in the next couple days.

3. I watched An Education. So my thoughts on this movie are that I really enjoyed it. I think that Peter Sarsgaard was a little awkward, Alfred Molina was pitch perfect but the whole movie was, let's face it, entirely about Carey Mulligan. And I mean that in the sense that it was completely from her character's point of view and also because she totally owned and charmed the audience from the second we see her onscreen. She is luminous in this movie. In an entirely different way that Amanda Seyfried was in Mamma Mia!. Mulligan is like Audrey Hepburn, heartbreaking, naive, fresh and yet so poised for greatness - kind of luminous. She completely lives up the hype surrounding her and I'm so happy about that because it means that she's going to be around for a while.


4. I cleaned my room! Swear to goodness, it's looks way better than it did before. I think it might be able to do a complete overhaul by the time the week is over.

Right now I'm contemplating watching an episode of The Vampire Diaries, but I think I'll leave it for tomorrow. Trashy TV and some hanging out with the bro beckons me.

No comments:

Post a Comment