Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chickenpox Quarantine: Day 3 & 4

Yeah, so, blogging on Saturday didn't quite happen so I'm making it a joint update for the past two days. I actually accomplished some stuff I was supposed to do, I've made this huge list of things to do while I'm quarantined - so let's get started on what I got started on:

1. I read Lisa Jewell's The Truth About Melody Browne. My mum and dad bought it for me since I'm stuck at home. It was actually very good, very poignant and different from most chick lit. But then again most of Lisa Jewell's books are like that. I was reminded of why I like her books so much, except I don't think it's going to get reread as much as the Shopaholic books or like a pure fluff love story simply because it actually has more depth.

2. Did more typing of mum's quizzes and tests. Again, I'm just glad that I can be of help, you know?

3. Furiously websurfed through all my favorite beauty blogs, I think my fav of the moment is Make Up and Beauty Blog. The blogger, Karen, is truly a woman after my own heart in every way. Her humor, her writing style and of course the fact that she actually wears a variety of make-up - not just like nude lips and nude eyes.

4. Watched Max Payne last night on TV. It was quite entertaining, kind of ridiculous but hey, Mark Wahlberg looked good. Actually a little too good for a dude who's still pining his dead wife but... you know, whatever.

5. I read InStyle's April Color Issue this morning and it was Fabu! I completely take back what I said about Ariel Foxman because it is an awesome issue, on par with the fantastic last year's Color Issue with Salma Hayek on the cover. This issue has Gwen Stefani on the cover and she looks AMAZING, outside and in the mag as well.


6. I watched the Ugly Betty episodes of "Fire and Nice", "All the World's A Stage" and "Million Dollar Smile". I had forgotten how lovely and lighthearted the show is and also how much I like it. Justin kissed a boy which is awesome and about time! Plus Austin is a seriously cute kid. I'm also very glad that Betty's braces are off, I know that you know she's getting way too hot/isn't the point of the show that she's ugly? But you know what? I'm happy that she's finally getting made over because it's ABOUT TIME.

7. Majorly revamped my filing system for expenses, banking, job information, tax information, etc. etc. It looks fabu and I'm very proud of myself - that I actually had the patience to do it basically.

That's about it - I'm going to go to bed now and go see the doc tomorrow morning and see what she says about my pox situation. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment