Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chickenpox Quarantine: Day 1

So it had been a fairly lovely day so far but I screwed it up in the past ten minutes by being an ungrateful ingrate to my lovely mum who basically got me being rude to her because she A. Bought the wrong kuih (see picture)and B. Got me coconut water for the second day in a row because it's supposed to be good for pox riddled me. And why am I being such an idiot? Because the kuih is not what I like and the coconut water is just way too much and basically I'm just taking it out on her that I'm already tired of being holed up in my room. Without actually being sick. Apart from the pox. And I think I might be running out of shampoo. And also I've read all my books. And I just feel so bloody useless. As you can see, I'm not in great form.

Ok so right, things I did today.
1. Read Marian Keyes' Sushi For Beginners for the millionth time. I really like that book, I think it's pretty much my favorite book of hers. I've read almost everything she's written. Maybe I should buy the rest...

2. Watched The September Issue and you know what, I didn't think it was that good. Yeah sure I got some insight into Vogue and Anna Wintour, but it just confirmed for me that I actually don't like the stuff that is in the magazine, even if I am unknowingly wearing trends that she propagated. Anyway the whole thing seemed a little too staged. It was seamless though, which I did appreciate.

3. I watched the Glee episode Ballad. I pulled my chair from inside my room and sat on it so that I wouldn't transfer "my sickness" to anyone. Great episode, Rachel was in top form as usual and Finn confirmed that I have a secret attraction for awkward overly tall, white men. Or maybe just to him. Could Cory Monteith be dating Taylor Swift? If he is my crush will be over since she actually seems, as Preetha so eloquently puts it, like someone with the personality of a toothbrush.

4. Made myself a grilled cheese sandwich and heated up Campbell's tomato soup. Remembered Katie and our times eating grilled cheese at her place on Sherbrooke. Oh those were the days... Anyway that was probably the highlight of the day.

I'm going to apologize to my mother for being a jerk. I must after all abide by the words of Gilda, remember that your mother is like a rubber band, each time you're mean to her she stretches. One day she might snap. She will always love you but she will never feel the same about you again. Gilda was my therapist at McGill. Awesome lady - totally changed my life. I'll write all about it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment