Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm back. I swear.

So updates. The last time I wrote I was lonely at my new job and had no one to eat with. Now, a mere month later, I now boast a regular lunch mate. Who was as lonely as me. So we aren't exactly on the same wavelength, what with her being a whole 12 years older to me and having two kids but it's nice having someone to eat with. Even if she does ask me inane questions sometimes. All the time.

What else is new? Deepavali or Diwali as they say in North India, is coming up so it's all systems GO! in my house, especially in terms of cleaning. So far I've oiled our leather sofas and I'm waiting for more directives from my mother. I also cannot fit into any of my Indian clothes which bring me to the next thing I've been up to.

Recently, because I had to do a physical for my new job I found out I weighed like 58kg. I'm only 4'11". That is rather overweight. Still I'm one of those fortunate people who packs on the pounds everywhere as opposed to in my ass so I guess I should be grateful. I've decided to be proactive about the whole situation and join a gym. The gym of my choice? The hip-tastic Celebrity Fitness. I know, it's not exactly me and it's seriously flourescent, shiny and silver and everyone walks around in these ridonkulous purple outfits. But it's really close to home and the parking lot is relatively safe so whatever. The day I went there to sign up the marketing lady/girl/whatever was like, you're overweight, you should weigh like 46kg. I was like NO, I will not EVER weigh 46kg because the only time I did I was anorexic. And then she gave me this patronizing smile and was like No dear, you don't understand you'll be all toned up and you'll see. I was maybe about to smash her face. But I didn't so no worries. In any case the trainer during free personal training sessions was more realistic and said I should weigh about 50-52kg. I will report back soon or as and when I lose weight.

I'm making full use of my workplace's library. So far I've read Austen's Emma and Trisha Ashley's The Urge to Jump. Emma was actually really annoying because I think that Emma is an extremely annoying character, she's just really sure of herself and self-righteous when she's WRONG. And The Urge to Jump is alright, a little hard to relate to because I'm not an almost forty, 6 foot tall, fantasy author lady woman but it was cute. Lae also lent me The Lovely Bones, which was really good actually. I can't wait for Peter Jackson's adaptation and I definitely think that Saoirse Ronan's an amazingly good choice for who should play Susie. But my verdict is definitely out on Mark Wahlberg playing her dad. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment