Sunday, August 23, 2009

I walk alone...

I recently started working at a college... I can't say which one because - of sheer paranoia. In any case, I was really excited before I started because it's a great opportunity for me to test out whether I like working in an environment with kids (old kids) and also if I'm really into the whole academic scene. It also has more definite working hours which is a relief compared to the world of public relations.

So far I've worked about three days and it's okay. The work is fine, everyone is cordial, me and my boss need some time to get used to each other I think. But there is one BIG downside. I literally have NO ONE to eat lunch with. I dunno if it's because they're cliquey or maybe there needs to be more time for me to get to know everyone but I'm definitely feeling the chill - at least during lunch time.

Which means I can either A) eat in the tiny-flickering-light pantry or B) actually go out in public and eat alone. For the first time in my life. Which is crazy, I know. But I think I can do it. I've been psyching myself up all weekend. Because I really don't want to eat in that damn pantry, it's seriously claustrophobia causing.

I've also decided I will eat lunch alone and read a book. Because I don't think i can stare at people for an hour, I'll just freak out or something. This is going to be hard.

So wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment