Friday, December 17, 2010

Going Dairy Free

This Monday I decided that I would try going dairy free for a month. The reason I decided this is because basically there are all these studies and also just so much advice from people linking dairy consumption to acne and also hair problems, which I ahem, have a lot of. SO, I figured that going dairy free for a month would give me enough time to see if it really did help me and if the two really are linked. You know milk=acne and all that.

So far it's been one week.

I am DYING.

No I'm exaggerating. But... I do miss milk, a lot. I love milk. I drink it like twice a day. I eat chocolate once a day. Ice-cream is my favorite food in the ENTIRE world.

On the plus side I think I've already lost like 2 pounds.

Today seems to be especially hard because first of all it was free Starbucks day and I don't consume caffeine so I figured never mind, I'll go get decaf but it's like WHAT'S THE POINT because I can't put milk in it. Then I was like ok maybe then I have a donut but chances are that donut has milk/butter in it. What about a chocolate chip cookie -WRONG- bec of the chocolate chips. Now I keep imagining my whole life a dried up prune of a life with no more dairy. On the plus side, I'm probably going to lose a whole lot of weight. BUT STILL!

And pictures like this from Joy the Baker, aren't helping my situation.



Update: Going Dairy Free for over two months did nothing so I'm back to happily eating dairy, whenever, wherever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment