Thursday, December 16, 2010

And... I'm done!

I finally finished my application to Nanyang Tech's Master of Mass Comm program, which is such a freakin' relief because I swear I'd been driving myself crazy because I just couldn't finish it. I just couldn't make myself do the essays in one go. I just had these fits where I would write a bit - come back, write something else that was mostly unrelated and then go away again. So it became this stop and start thing. Since the deadline was December 31st, I finished it this week and sent off the documents this morning. Just checked UPS, apparently it is "in transit" and has left Malaysia. So basically I now feel like this load has been lifted off me.

I've been planning on applying for my Masters for a while. Hopefully I'll get in. If I do I'll be in Singapore for the duration of the course which is basically 1 year from Aug 2011 onwards. Crazy. I can't imagine leaving my parents. I know I studied at McGill for 4 years without them but it just seems like I'm so much closer to them now. I feel kind of a panic descending on me whenever I think about leaving them.

My mom tells me that its important that I put some distance between us because I need to figure out how to live without them. The truth is, I'm the youngest child so realistically I know that we wont have forever together. But I just dont think I can even face the prospect of my life without them. I guess my mom figured that out and thinks I should get married or something. Which I totally agree with but I don't know to who and how and when and all that other stuff.

Also there's the whole country issue. Malaysia is Malaysia. And it seems like nothing is really changing here which is sad because Malaysia is such a wonderful country. I don't know whether my future will always be here and yet I can't imagine a life without my parents somewhere else. I know, it's about my parents again, but really they my whole world in a way. Even though I've been ALL over the place.

Anyway I better go, I'm getting a little tired and I want to read a couple of beauty blogs. Signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment