Monday, August 17, 2009

HONG KONG!

Last week I visited Hong Kong and my university roommate Priscilla. It was a good time that involved walking, shopping and eating. Actually that pretty much sums up the entire visit.

The vacation itself was a little present to myself before I started my new job - yes I have a job! It's at a college here in Malaysia, don't think I can write the name here but I'm super excited because not only do I have a job, it's in education!

So for my first night, Priscilla's parents took me to Czarina where I ate half of my pepper steak serving. And then ate the rest two hours later Cilla's house...

For the second day Priscilla took me walking on authentic HK street, I also had pantyhose tea with my lunch, went to a monastery and ate at Northpoint at a place that was featured on Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations". Oh I also bought a dress at Zara because I got really sweaty and then I got really shy and basically needed new clothes.


On my third day, we watched UP in the morning and then I basically shopped. I bought a compact mirror (didn't have one), a loose vest thing which I think will be useful for work and a gorgeous gold skirt from Club Monaco. I'd never even walked into that store before and I'm super excited to own my new skirt. I also had dinner with Preetha's friend Yvonne, whom I met a couple of years ago during a visit to London. We ate at Crystal Jade which is amazingly tasty.

On my last day, we went over to Kowloon where I bought presents for family and friends and a really flattering top for myself from Muji. We also had dinner at an Argentinean Steak House where we ate sausages, it was great :)

My 3 favorite things about Hong Kong have got to be:
1. IFC Mall - seriously, it's super convenient, has awesome shopping and everyone looks super good in their office wear during lunch time
2. HK's Transportation system - fantastically efficient
3. Egg tart - Priscilla took me for this amazing egg tart thing that I still can't get out of my head - I want!


I'm really happy I went and since it was after June '09 it also meant that I kept to my promise to myself that I wasn't going to get on a plane for a year. Wonder when and where I'll be visiting next...?

No comments:

Post a Comment