Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Flavor of the Week: Twitter

So yesterday sometime I joined the wonderful world of Twitter. It was fun-tastic. Still is. I think I might be wasting my life away using it.

I know what you're thinking, you got Twitter NOW? You're wayyyy behind. But cut me some slack - I live in Malaysia. It's kinda old even for Malaysia? Whatever.

As explained in the Wiki link above, Twitter is a social networking and micro blogging platform where you basically "tweet" whatever you want in under 140 characters.

Arguably most famous user: Ashton Kutcher. I think everyone heard about the whole Ashton Kutcher vs. CNN Twitter battle which was ridiculous is every sense of the word. Everyone's on the damn thing so it's only a matter of time before it becomes an essential marketing tool.

It's funny because I only got into it because I have had to use social media for work, ie. Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, etc. But now I'm faced with the question: How personal/real can I be on this thing? I would love to actually write what I'm thinking but let's face it my (almost) real name is tied to this. Do I throw caution to the wind and write about everything and then maybe face repercussions later OR do I adhere to a strictly online persona that's very pc? But then what's the point if everything is cryptic?

So while I muddle this over, how about YOU join me and sign up for Twitter here. See you birdies!

1 comment:

  1. Still have yet to find the time to check what twitter is, but reason why im commenting is that I'm asking permission to borrow your 'Flavour of the week' concept thing because i need it bad! It's an emergency! so I'm going to pretend that you say, "yes! borrow it!" and use it on my post.
    good? good!

    ReplyDelete