Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flavor of the Week: Jai Ho - You are my Destiny

So if unless you've been living under a rock somewhere you know the big hype that's been surrounding the Danny Boyle, Oscar winning, Indian/British Movie - Slumdog Millionaire. If you don't, you suck and I don't want to be friends anymore.

So basically after it became the "it" movie of the Oscars and everyone discovered how hot Freida Pinto is and how amazing slums are and how transcendental the movie is, The Pussycat Dolls cashed in on the hype and came out with an English version of the Oscar winning song - Jai Ho.


So if you want to see this song in its full glory, click on the link above. Now the thing is, I think I'm supposed to be offended because I'm Indian and the Pussycat Dolls are like trampling on my heritage or something... but the thing is I'm totally not offended. The song is really catchy and they're super smart for cashing in on the movie's popularity.

However, their dance moves in the video really offend me. They're super half assed, like they're trying really hard not to be too suggestive because the song is really wholesome and because there's A.R. Rahman singing along all happy and gnomelike in the background.

Anyway, enjoy the video, I'm just hoping it will be playing on the radio when I drive home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment