Sunday, June 12, 2011

Acne Update

I realize that I never did a follow up post about how my skin has been doing. So in my last update I was taking Diane-35 as an oral contraceptive to clear my skin, I was using the Eucerin Gentle Cleanser, Dr Brandt Intensolution and Oil Free Hydrator. I have also been using the Aesop Chamomile Blemish Mask twice a week.

Basically this has really worked for me. My skin has cleared up and I am no longer getting cystic acne. I have a couple of blackhead issues and a ton of scars (I'll address that a bit later) but in terms of acne, I'm really happy with the results.

I think that the reason why it worked was the combo of products together. Diane-35 regulated my hormones while the other stuff really worked to calm down the surface of my skin and control oil. I also used Dalacin-T as a topical antibiotic since Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't work on me anymore. The Aesop mask is actually very effectively is calming down the skin and reducing oil. Highly, highly recommended.

I've stopped using Diane-35 after about 4 months because it was giving me very bad dry eye syndrome. Which is actually painful. I now have to use Natural Tears (preservative free) and I've developed sensitivity to contacts, which I don't really mind since I wear glasses most of the time. However, my acne did mostly subside before I stopped taking it.

I now have pretty deep pock mark type acne scars on my cheeks that are also dark in color. I'm not going to do any kind of medical procedure yet since I think its a little too soon and also because the last time I did a chemical peel, my skin died.

So instead I went back to Kens Apothecary in Empire Subang and met with Marznum (the SA who helped me last time and recommended all the Dr Brandt stuff). She suggested that I get the Dr Sebagh Vitamin C powder to lighten my scars. It costs a whopping RM679. which is a bit shit since its only cost 79 pounds on the damn website, which is like half the price. But whatever, nvm, if it doesn't work I can take it back and she'll give me a refund and other products or whatever. So ANYWAY, I'm going to be a doing a review of whether it works later, hopefully it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment