Monday, January 10, 2011

From Hong Kong to Malaysia... with love

Long overdue I know, SO Cilla came to Malaysia on the 31st of December to the 2nd of January. This was prompted because she felt she had to get out of Hong Kong and also because she couldn't come see me during Chinese New Year because it was too expensive. All very good reasons.

Her itinerary was as follows:

Day One:

1:00pm Land in KLIA Airport
2:00pm Eat my mom's food (Fish curry, okra, rice and fried chicken)
4:00pm Go to Carrefour with me to buy groceries for BBQ
6:30pm Barbecue for New Years with my workmates
2:00pm Sleep

Day Two:
9:00am Breakfast at home
10:00am Skype with Katie in Ottawa!
12:00pm Shopping (really I would say the highlight)
7:00pm Dinner at Fatty Crab - consisted of Crab and Fried Chicken
9:30pm Dessert at KTZ

Day Three:
9:00am Breakfast at home
11:00am Dosa and Roti Canai for 2nd breakfast
12:00pm Pedicures at Creative in Subang Parade!
2:00pm Lunch at home (Chicken curry, eggplant and rice)
4:00pm Drop Cilla off at the airport

The most important part of the entire trip? The shopping.

Cilla's Loot


Here's what she got (All pictured above):
Black dress from Topshop - Very short with long sleeves, very seventies, about RM270
Long dusty lilac top from Topshop for clubbing, on sale about RM80
Really gorgeous black sandals with embedded clear stones, about RM200
Sheer long top with gold work from Guess, about RM200
Black flats with studs from Vincci+, about RM150
Sexy formfitting white dress from Dressing Paula, about RM100
Red sweater from Dressing Paula, about RM100
Long silver evening dress with gold detail from Eclipse, about RM 270

Since Cilla was a bit possessed by the shopping devil, I gave in and shopped a little myself.


Super cute flats from Cotton On, RM69.90 for both. Unfortunately I can't wear them to work because they have no arch support so my back kills me by the end of the day. It's ok for quick dinners though!

Lovely silk skirt from MANGO which was RM99. I love it because it really gives me the look and silhouette I've been going for lately - the whole full 50's skirt thing.

As my Christmas present, Cilla also treated me to a lovely pedicure at Creative Nail Salon. The girls were really nice and the place was nice too. Only thing is the scrub kind of really stung!

Here's the color. Isn't it fab? Please excuse the veins in my foot. Apparently it's a good thing.

Katie had sent me the most awesome underwear, ear-rings and makeup pouches. Below I have pictures of the undies and pouches.




The smaller pouch is already my everyday make-up pouch as you can see. Oil blotters, TheBalm concealer and Burt's Bees lip balm, which I am TOTALLY allergic too btw. It's so tragic, I'm a makeup addict who is allergic to all lip products.

It was an awesome visit from Priscilla - only thing that would have made it better would have been having Katie there! We missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment