Monday, December 29, 2008

Flavor of the Week: Donnie Yen

Now I know, this is a little out a character for me because this dude isn 't particularly hot, he isn't particularly young and he clearly isn't particularly that famous. In Hollywood. But apparently he is in Hong Kong. Or with Chinese boys. I really don't know.

Anyway, yesterday my siblings and I watched Ip Man at 1U. It is about Yip Man who was a martial artist who practiced and taught Wing Chun. Bruce Lee was one of his students. In any case, the movie traces Yip Man's life in Fo Shan, China and the Japanese occupation of China. Needless to say there is a lot of ass kicking in this movie and the choreography is probably the best I've ever seen. Now, I have never properly watched a Bruce Lee movie so I can't be comparing stuff. But Donnie Yen, who stars as Yip Man, is amazing.

DONNIE YEN


So for this week, Donnie Yen is my flavor of the week. All average looks, old man, super crazy talented martial artist that he is. The movie has its flaws but the fight scenes are just beautiful. Anyway I would recommend everyone, unless you're really not into ass-kicking-but I mean that's crazy because everyone is, to go watch this movie when you can. It's really quite inspirational. I mean after the movie I was all like - yeah I'm going to go-learn some crazy shit and whoop some ass! And I'm sure you'll feel the same.

1 comment: