Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stephanie Meyer is ruining my life.

So basically after I watched Twilight like the obsessive teenager I am INSIDE, I went out and bought all the books (Actually it took me like 2 freakin' months to get all four because it turns out they kept getting sold out, go figure) that Stephanie Meyer had written in the series. Now because I have no time, I have been able to control the compulsion to read these damn things.

I read Twilight like two months ago, in like a day, and pretty much hated it in comparison to the movie. I think it's really poorly written and Bella in the book is way more irritating than Bella in the movie. I managed to hold off and read the next book, New Moon, like half a month later.

Then this weekend, I came back home with this plan to relax, do a lot of office work, write that damn short story that's due (final submission date on 31 March 2009...) and have an all round productive weekend. Instead I picked up Eclipse which I proceeded to read all of Saturday, finished it at 12:30 am Sunday, and then woke up 8 hours later and then started on Breaking Dawn, the final book.

I managed to wrench myself from the damn thing to go to my yoga class and now I think can probably hold off till next weekend. As you can see I have about 3/4 of the bookto go as evidenced by my fetching High School Musical bookmark (acquired from a storeroom clearout at work), peeking out from Breaking Dawn.

It's not like these books are THAT amazing. Well Book 2, 3 and 4 are hella more compelling than the first one BUT it's more than that it's like I can't stop. And I mean my love for Robert Pattinson greatly diminished once I realized that he errs a little too much on the side of crazy. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here for a transcript of his GQ interview.

So anyway, Stephanie Meyer is totally ruining my life. Those damn books. I don't know what the hell happens at the end of the last book but BTW if I had a choice I would totally go with the werewolf and not the vampire. Except he's WAAAAAAY too tall. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment